Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Stop-Motion Character Animation

I had the idea for this animation while having a conversation with a friend about dreams and nightmares.  They swore that nightmares were caused by being cold and so I thought up a dream-catcher character that physically does things to keep its owner from having nightmares.  The animation is stop-motion. It's very shakey since I didn't have a remote for capturing each shot.  I anticipated this before shooting, though, and decided it was okay since I wanted it to feel like an outsider witnessing the object coming to life.  I made the puppet using some wire, a dream-catcher and some plastecine. The whole process took me about 4-5 hours to shoot and compile the frames in Photoshop's timeline (since for whatever reason the camera I used took photo files not supported by anything else.)  Here's a bit of the prep work and the final cut:

No comments:

Post a Comment